You can perform the below steps to successfully create and open portable company file.
Step 1: Updating QuickBooks desktop
Step 2: Create a backup
Step 3: Make a portable company file
- Under this process, you are suggested to open QuickBooks and log in as admin
- Move to the file menu and choose create copy
- Choose portable company file and hit next
- Assign a name to the portable company file
- Choose a location to save the file
- Hit save and ok tab
You are suggested to have a portable company file that you can send online or put on a USB. The file will have .qbm file extension. In case you give someone a portable copy, then they can access all the information. It is the password protected file and they will need the password to open the file.
Step 4: Open the portable company file
- Open QuickBooks and also login as admin
- You now have to head to file menu and choose open or restore company
- Go for restore a portable file and hit next
- Choose the portable company file
- It will be available with .qbm extension
- Hit open tab
- Read the notes on the where do you want to restore the file page, then hit next
- Open the file and hit the save
After you implement the steps mentioned above, it becomes easy to create and open portable company file in QuickBooks successfully. Whereas, if for some reason you aren’t able to create and open portable company file in QuickBooks, then in that scenario, connect with our QuickBooks desktop support personnel using our helpline i.e., 1-800-615-2347.