1. Before you head to the airport
Spirit Airlines is a discount airline that offers low-cost flights to destinations throughout the US. Spirit Airlines focuses on features such as free Wi-Fi and jet-lag-free flights.
When you fly with Spirit Airlines , you can expect:
1. Free Wi-fi on all flights
2. Jet lag-free flights with a layover option
3. A no questions asked refund policy if your flight is cancelled due to bad weather or other reasons
4. Complimentary pet boarding for up to 2 pets per trip (this is not available with other airlines)
5. Mobile boarding passes for all passengers using the app, in addition to online boarding pass printing at home
2. Pack a bag for your toddler
Spirit Airlines is a private airline that only operates between United States and five destinations in the Caribbean. Spirit Airlines often flies well-to-do travelers between the US and the Caribbean. It is quite possible to fly Spirit Airlines with a baby, but its harder than you may think.
It can be quite stressful flying with a baby or toddler, so here are some tips that Ive found useful on what I do when flying with my daughter.
1) Get as much sleep as possible before your flight because babies require more sleep than toddlers (if you charge them to nap, it will make it harder for you).
2) If your child is too young for naps (3 months old or younger), try letting her sleep in her own bed when off-duty instead of flying with her.
3) Have your child wear their own clothes on the plane, to avoid getting dirty and smelly from traveling with them. This can also help prevent diaper rash, which can be very uncomfortable for your child if he/she has an accident or develops a rash while on the plane.
4) Dont let your toddler watch movies or TV shows that arent appropriate for children because they could be disturbing and cause nightmares or other issues like learning disabilities. Also avoid watching scary movies that may confuse a toddler such as Happy Feet" or "The Grinch" because they use sound effects to scare their toddlers during flight. Today, there are several new travel styles like reclining seats, tealight candles and special seats which are not only comfortable but also safe for kids of all ages!
5) Avoid bringing snacks on board to have during flights because food does not stay fresh for more than 3 hours so take into account how long you plan to stay at one destination by packing snacks in carryon luggage . Follow this rule even if you don't plan to be on a long flight, because snacks like chips and pretzels can get moldy easily while traveling since they are exposed to air circulation while packed in carryon luggage .
3. Avoid changing your toddler's schedule
If youre flying with a toddler, your flight may be a lot different than you expected. It can be hard to keep track of all the chairs, tables, and strollers in the airplane. If you're traveling with a toddler on an airplane, keep these tips in mind.
Avoid changing your toddler's schedule . Changehttp://cqms.skku.edu/b/lecture/957401
to accommodate your flight. If it's nap time try to get your child to nap.
Avoid using infant seats . It may be difficult when traveling with a baby or infant. Some airlines don't allow infants in infant seats during take-off and landing. Make sure that you check with the airline before you board the plane to see if they allow infants in infant seats on their planes.
Do not sit next to strangers . There may be other passengers who want to sit together so they can talk and sing songs together without disturbing anyone else on the plane or getting up too often throughout the flight. If you don't want anyone else to sit next to them, sit as far away from them as possible.
Avoid wearing headphones . While some people like music while flying, others find it distracting and annoying while flying because of bumpy noise from the engines or air-traffic control (ATC) noise during take-off and landing. Try not wearing headphones for takeoff or landing if there is any chance that it will bother other passengers and would make it harder for you to sleep or relax after being up all night if flying internationally.
Video: Guide To Questions You Should Ask Before Getting An Airplane Seat
4. Have patience at the airport and on the plane
Spirit Airlines is a low cost airline that flies from major airports around the world to 30 cities in the U.S. and Canada. The airline features a clean, comfortable environment and an on-time record (63% of flights). Spirit Airlines is also a leader in quality customer service. The airline has over 2,000 agents whose primary goal is to provide excellent service to their customers.
When traveling with your toddler, its important to follow this guide for travel with toddlers and for when your toddler starts to fuss or cry .
5.Spirit airline reservations
to keep your toddler busy
For many parents, the thought of flying with their newborn and toddler is a nightmare from which they would rather not awaken. But thats often not an option anymore as airlines have stopped allowing infants on board.
In the United States, this currently applies to only four airlines, Spirit Airlines , Frontier Airlines (formerly AirTran), Allegiant Air , and HNA Flying. Spirit Airlines is the only one that still allows infants on board.
Frontier Airlines has a different policy and limits children to 15 lbs in weight and 1 years of age. Allegiant and HNA Flying allow children up to 40 lbs in weight and 2 years of age, but no more than four children per seat. Spirit Airlines allows up to 20 lbs in weight, including babies in carrier bags .
The first baby rule was instated by TWA when it began flying in 1969 with its first Boeing 727-100 (B-727-30). In 1977, American Airlines followed suit with its Boeing 737-200 (A-737) in 1980, then followed by Delta Air Lines in 1986 with its Boeing 757-200 (B-757). In 2003 JetBlue followed suit when it launched its Airbus A320.
Today there are very few commercial airlines that allow infants on board but there are a few exceptions:
Spirit Airlines - No infants allowed
Frontier Airlines - One infant allowed per seat only at check-in counter/stops before boarding gate/arriving at destination
Allegiant Air - One infant allowed per seat at check-in counter/stops before boarding gate/arriving at destination including on some routes if you arrive late at destination and do not get off the plane until after midnight
HNA Flying One infant allowed per seat if flying within China or Hong Kong; otherwise limited to 4 children per flight unless seats are full; no more than 10 lb total weight allowance for each child
6. Keep snacks handy for during takeoff and landing
Spirit Airlines is a low cost carrier that is owned by Allegiant Air. It started in 2004 when they introduced a budget model. They have expanded and now serve destinations in the U.S. and Mexico across the United States. This blog will help you prepare for flying with a toddler.
7. Bring a portable DVD player with films
When considering a trip to the movies, you may be wondering what films are the most suitable for your toddler when flying with him. Ive worked with many parents and grandparents who have found that bringing their toddler along to the movies can be an incredible experience for both of them, as it allows them to bond with him in a safe environment.
As an airport employee, I remember being surprised at how well-behaved toddlers were when we flew with them. We always had high praise for our little ones attention spans, their ability to focus on things other than whats on screen, and their ability to follow directions. When they were excited about seeing a movie or another form of entertainment, I would make sure there was something more exciting for them to do in addition to sitting quietly by themselves. It is important that you provide your child with plenty of opportunities for calm and quiet time during flights so that he can fully enjoy his journey and escape from the stress of everyday life.
Ive also heard stories from people who love flying but get frustrated when they hear their child crying because of a skipping sound in the movie they are watching or because they want to turn it up louder. If you are looking at taking your child on a trip soon (whether it is an airplane flight or not), be sure to check out my article on how much fun an airplane ride can be with your baby!