For perfect essay writing, proper citation is necessary. However, if you are writing anything related to science, the APA format is what you need to follow. So the question comes to mind how it is different from others and the basic requirements of the APA format. An essay writer will help you to write my essay on any given topic.
What is the APA format?
- American Psychological Association, abbreviated as APA, is one of the most used referencing citation styles in science essays, research papers, assignments, and review articles.
- It is common for the social sciences and has a unique specific format for the reference list present at the end of the research paper and the in-text citation.
- It is referencing style based on the author and date of the article from where the material has been taken.
- APA format is necessary for an essay writer to know.
What is the APA in-text citation format?
- APA format in-text citation includes author name and the year the article was published in the round brackets.
- APA format will help you in writing an application letter.
- The surname or second name of the author is only used. Then a comma is placed, followed by the publication year.
- Parentheses are used for the in-text citation in APA format that consists of the author's second name and year of publication.
Phytoremediation is the best solution to treat heavy metals contamination in soil. It is a cost-effective and most suitable method in current situations (Harry, 2019).
How to cite multiple sources in APA format citation?
- If different sources support the statement, then in APA in-text citation, all these sources can be combined, and you can write them in one parenthesis.
- All the sources will be written in alphabetical order.
- The semicolon is used to separate each source from the other.
Food waste is an alarming issue worldwide. It releases methane gas, which contributes to global warming by increasing the temperature, so food waste also contributes to environmental pollution (Eliot, 2005; Brown, 2011; Golden, 2015).
How to cite an indirect source in APA format?
- If you are taking material from a source that referred to another primary source, you should preferably find the main source, also known as the primary source in research paper writing. If you are unable to access the primary source, you can cite it with the reference of a secondary source in which the primary source is mentioned as a reference. You can use the "As cited in" phrase in this case.
- You will also learn different citation styles in APA format.
Chelate assisted such as citric acid assisted or EDTA assisted phytoremediation is the best approach that can help in the successful treatment of heavy metal-rich soil (Hailey, 2005, as cited in Bukhari et al., 2015).
What are the rules for a reference list?
The reference list includes a complete list of full references that are used in writing. These references include the name of an author, title, journal name, volume number, page number, and date of publication.
- It must start from a new page, and it comes at the end.
- It should contain all the full references that are mentioned in-text citations.
- Journal name in the reference should be in italics.
- Learn how to write a cause and effect outline for a reference list.
If still there is anything left unclear, then you can visit write my essay. You will find a lot of samples that can help you to understand the referencing style more.