About HP Printing
Looking for a versatile All-in-One printer with unrivaled performance, an easy to use home printer, or business printers with capabilities to meet your growing needs? Look no further than printers from HP. Whether it’s a stylish, affordable home printer you’re after that will give you professional quality, or dependable, cost-effective business printers to meet all your business needs without breaking the bank, hp printer setup has the right printer deals for you. From simple print jobs to complex workflows, HP has the printers to meet your needs.
In the home and home office environment, we have a wide array of All-in-One printers designed to perform beautifully, and deliver the print quality you expect from HP. From HP OfficeJet All-in-One printers to HP Sprocket Photo Printers and everything in between, home and home office printing products from HP has you covered. Need a wireless printer that can print, copy, scan and fax? No problem. You want borderless printing with high yield ink capabilities? We’ve got that too. Want your printer to order Original HP ink when it’s running low, so you don’t have to worry about supplies? Many of our printers are eligible for HP Instant Ink, meaning you won’t run out of ink at the worst possible time. And be sure to check out the latest printer deals on our home and home office printers, so you can get the best value on the right product.
For business, HP is synonymous with legendary quality and reliable printing performance. Whether you own a small business, manage a busy branch location, or run a large department, you can count on HP for dependable, cost-effective printers to meet your needs. Want to make big impressions for less? HP OfficeJet Pro printers feature functionality at a great value, while HP PageWide business printers offer a low total cost of ownership with incredible speed. In a larger office setting? HP LaserJet Pro printers provide legendary performance, with leading security and solutions offerings. And, with HP Managed Print Services, we can help you maintain your print fleet, improve your printing workflows and much more, giving you the freedom to manage your business.
Print with Wi-Fi Direct using HP Print Service Plugin (Android)
Send a print job using a direct wireless connection between your printer and an Android phone or tablet using the HP Print Service Plugin. Complete these steps while next to the printer.
- On your mobile device, go to 123.hp.com/setup Print Service Pluginin the Google Store, and then make sure it is installed and up to date.
- Make sure paper is loaded in the main tray, and then turn on the printer.
- Open the item you want to print, and then tap Print.
- On the print preview screen, select the option starting with DIRECT followed by your printer model.
- Enter the Wi-Fi Direct password, if prompted.
- To confirm the connection, go to the printer and press OK, the blinking Wi-Fi Directbutton, or the blinking Information button .
- Wait for the connection to complete, and then tap Printon the print preview.
Install the HP Smart app and set up the printer
Get the HP Smart app for Android, Apple iOS and iPadOS, Windows, and Mac to set up and use your HP printer to print, scan, copy, and to manage settings.
Do the following if you are setting up the printer on a Wi-Fi network.
- Place the printer and the computer or mobile device near the Wi-Fi router.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your computer or mobile device and connect to your network. If the computer is connected to the network with an Ethernet cable, temporarily disconnect the cable and use the Wi-Fi connection during the setup.
- Enable Bluetooth on the computer or mobile device so that HP Smart can detect the printer during the setup.
- For Windows computers, turn on Windows Update to make sure Windows is always up to date.
- After installing HP Smart for iOS and Android, enable the mobile device location service and allow the app to use your location to detect the printer and offer solutions during setup.
- Download the HP Smart app from www.123.hp.com/setup(Android, Apple iOS, iPadOS), HP Smart - Microsoft Store (Windows), or HP Smart - Mac App Store.
If you are prompted to sign in with Microsoft to use the app across devices, you can sign in or click No, thanks to continue.
Disconnect from a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection before downloading.
- If you are setting up HP Smart for the first time, you must create or sign in to an HP account to access all printer functions.
- In HP Smart, click Add Printeror the plus sign to search for the printer, and then follow the instructions to complete the setup.
If your printer is not found, continue to the next step.
- Restore network default settings on the printer to prepare it for a Wi-Fi connection.
- Most printers with a touchscreen: From the Wireless or Setup menu, select Network setup or Settings, and then select Restore Network Settings.
- Most inkjet, Laser NS, and Neverstop printers without a touchscreen: Press and hold the Wireless and Cancel buttons until the Power button flashes, and then wait for the Wireless light to flash.
- Most LaserJet printers without a touchscreen: Press and hold the Wirelessbutton until the Attention light flashes, and then wait for the Wireless light to flash.
- Envy 6000, 6000e, 6400e, ENVY Pro 6400, DeskJet Plus IA 6000, 6400, and Tango printers: Press and hold the Wireless button on the back of the printer for five seconds until the Status light flashes (blue or purple depending on the model).
Go to Restore Wi-Fi setup mode on your HP printer for additional information and button presses for more printer models.
- Within two hours, restart the printer, close then re-open HP Smart, and then try adding the printer again.