Business owners and accountants everywhere have been using the QuickBooks accounting software to manage all their tasks. However, many users also report various errors associated with it. One of the error messages includes QBDBMGRN not running on this computer . It implies that the database server manager is not working. It also signals that your security firewall is preventing QuickBooks to link and communicate with the servers. When you get this error, it can result in multiple restrictions. So it's essential to troubleshoot it. In this article, you'll find why you face this error and its different fixes.
Why You Get the Message QBDBMGRN Not Running on This Computer
You will commonly notice this message while updating the QuickBooks Desktop to a recent update but don't update the Firewall with it. The outdated Firewall can catch the QB database server manager error and block it to secure from any malware attack. It results in a failure to link to the internet, and you get this error message.
Other factors behind this problem include the following.
- Faulty firewall configuration or internet.
- If the third-party firewall software blocks QuickBooks access, you'll receive this error.
- Wrong installation of QuickBooks database server.
- An error with the network file.
- Obsolete database server manager.
Ways to Fix the QBDBMGRN Not Running on This Computer Error Code
You can fix this error in multiple ways. Continue reading to know what you can do to fix it.
1. Install Firewall updates.
When you install the Windows Firewall updates, not only will you receive the latest security updates, but it will also ensure that the Firewall is not mistakenly blocking QB to access the company file. Follow these steps.
- Hit the Windows + R keys simultaneously and in the ' Run ' window type control panel.
- Hit Enter and tap ' System and Security .'
- Choose ' Windows Firewall ' and tap ' Check for Updates .'
- In case Windows finds any updates, tap ' Update Now' and also the option of ' Use Recommended Settings .'
- Start your system again and open QuickBooks.
2. Restart the QB database server manager service
The QB database server manager is the principal element behind the multi-user mode. When you restart the server, it can troubleshoot the problem of QBDBMGRN not running.
- Open the Run window and input 'services.msc.'
- Hit enter.
- Scroll and look for QuickBooks database server manager service. It will be listed as ' QuickBooksDB27 ' or ' QuickBooksDB28 ' or ' QuickBooksDB26 .'
- Right-tap the correct QuickBooks database server manager service. Then choose ' Restart .'
- Open QB again.
3. Install recent Windows updates
You can install the latest Windows updates to fix this error code. Do it as follows.
- Get the Run box to open and input ' Control firewall.cpl .' Press enter.
- If you find updates available, tap ' Update Now .' Ensure that you use the ' Recommended Settings .'
- After installing the updates, start your Windows PC again and access the company file.
4. Repair QB desktop application.
Another reason for experiencing problems in running the multi-user mode is QB is the damage to QB installation files. You can execute a repair of the application by following these steps.
- Hit Windows + R keys on your keyboard, and in the ' Run ' window, input 'appwiz.cpl.'
- Hit Enter and search QuickBooks in the installed programs list.
- Choose QuickBooks and tap ' Uninstall / Change .'
- Tap ' Continue ' followed by ' Next .'
- Select ' Repair ' and tap ' Next .'
- Wait for the repair procedure to finish.
- Tap ' Finish ' and start Windows again.
Follow all the different techniques in this article to resolve this error code in QuickBooks. But in the instance of not being able to fix this error by yourself, contact a professional QuickBooks technical support service. The experts will erase all your doubts and queries about troubleshooting this error.
Source URL - https://www.easyfie.com/read-blog/831262